Tuesday, October 26, 2004

 

The lame duck episodes

If you’re curious about how the DTWOF characters handle the election results (or lack thereof), you’ll have to wait until December 1, when episode 454 comes out. I just finished and sent off episodes 452 and 453, which are scheduled to run during the weeks of 11/3 and 11/17 respectively. Because I had to write these well before the election happened, they obviously could not be about the election. I couldn’t even write about the pre-election anxiety we’re all seething with, because that’ll be old news by 11/2. This was a frustrating prospect, like not being allowed to mention the elephant (or please god, the donkey) in the living room. In the end, I decided to use these two episodes to do some much needed exposition. I’ve devoted so much space to the depredations of the Bush administration lately that I’ve been neglecting the characters’ lives and relationships.
Comments:
Hey Alison, I've really enjoyed the recent strips, and am happy to see that you have a blog up and running. Well done. I'm excited to see where this thing with Ginger's student goes. Any idea when your next collection will be published? I love reading DTWOF online, but I'm always on the lookout for your next book.

Thanks!

Ensie
http://bothhands.mu.nu
 
It will actually be comforting to read a couple of life-goes-on strips.
-Holly
 
I have been frothing at the mouth ever since Kerry conceded Wednesday ... but as much as I want the company of Mo and the gang in my anti-W fuming, I do love the strips about the characters' relationships. (And it will probably benefit me to read something non-political at this stage -- I've been glued to various liberal blogs and Web sites all week!)

Bookishgrump
 
I have been frothing at the mouth ever since Kerry conceded Wednesday ... but as much as I want the company of Mo and the gang in my anti-W fuming, I do love the strips about the characters' relationships. (And it will probably benefit me to read something non-political at this stage -- I spent the last two weekends canvassing for Kerry for MoveOn and have been glued to various lefty blogs and Web sites all week!)

Bookishgrump
 
girls shitting
 
Suggest good information in this message, click here.
บาคาร่า คาสิโนออนไลน์
พนันบอลออนไลน์ UFABET
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?